WHO IS ROSE

My photo
Santa Cruz, California, United States
I cannot remember life without GHOSTS/SPIRITS... My interest began in the paranormal when I was 2...that's when my mom told me I first started talking about GHOSTS/SPIRITS. I grew up like most of you, learning that one shouldn't talk about the things they can see, hear and feel. Now, after years of ignoring these abilities and senses, I can no longer deny it. The TIME has come...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

SPIRITOGRAPHY: INTERVIEW WITH JIM DECARO

PIRT


SPIRITOGRAPHY

When I decided to write this article, it was because of my passion for paranormal photography. SO often, I find the debates about what is paranormal or not in a photo to be subjective. And while that is not a bad thing...it leaves much to be desired within the scientific community.

In an attempt to DO just that, have paranormal photography recognized by the scientific community, Jim DeCaro set the bar.
And set it HIGH, he did!
Many of you may not realize, that it is DeCaro himself that coined the term SPIRITOGRAPHY. Recently, I had the honor of interviewing Jim DeCaro, truly a MASTER of SPIRITOGRAPHY...



INTERVIEW WITH JIM DECARO

ROSE-
When did you discover your 1st photo containing something paranormal? What was it? How did you determine it was paranormal in nature?


JIM–
1999, at first they began appearing in my photographs, then I began to see them appear and disappear, upon examining the photographs; detailed images of human anatomical features were clearly visible (I call that paranormal).


ROSE-
How long have you been taking spirit photos?


JIM–
1999


ROSE-
When did you coin the term "Spiritography" ?


JIM–
1999/2000, I had been trying to name my collection for several weeks in order to register with the US Copyright office, it came to me at 3:00 am from a dead sleep.


ROSE-
Do you think being in the company of a medium makes a difference in the manifestation of spirits?


JIM–
That is my current belief.


ROSE-
Do you believe digital cameras to be the best for capturing paranormal phenomena? Why or why not?

JIM–
I’m not convinced the type of camera is viable either way. I prefer Digital.


ROSE-
Do you have an opinion on the ORB debate?


JIM-
Spiritography is far more advanced than (orbs), I don’t even bother to keep them anymore.

ROSE-
What advice do you have for the seasoned photographer, as well as, the novice?


JIM–
Get a real job (jk). I believe there is a certain level of cooperation between a spirit that wants to materialize and the photographer, learn to listen.


ROSE-
How close are we to having the scientific community's respect?


JIM–
Based on the results of the analysis of ghost and paranormal photographs as published in the IJP 50th Anniversary Edition (Volume XII, Issue 2, 2001), I would say not very close at all.

ROSE-
How did the Parapsychology Association determine your photos were the "real deal"? When?


JIM–
This is a question that scares me; I’m not qualified to speak on behalf of the scientific community or the methods involved in determining paranormal/spirit activity from a scientific viewpoint, what scares me is that they got it right, both times... 2001/02 and 2005.


VISIT:
JIM DECARO
www.SPIRITOGRAPHY
.com

Upcoming:
DUST
BREATH
SMOKE
HAIR
SNOW
RAIN
MISC

No comments: