WHO IS ROSE

My photo
Santa Cruz, California, United States
I cannot remember life without GHOSTS/SPIRITS... My interest began in the paranormal when I was 2...that's when my mom told me I first started talking about GHOSTS/SPIRITS. I grew up like most of you, learning that one shouldn't talk about the things they can see, hear and feel. Now, after years of ignoring these abilities and senses, I can no longer deny it. The TIME has come...

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

PSYCHO...SANTA CRUZ ORIGIN


PSYCHO
by Alfred Hitchcock
The Bates Motel has sent chills down the spines of movie-goers for decades now.
Built in the 1860's, on top of sacred Ohlone Indian land, the inspirational mansion was originally a lavish Victorian situated atop Beach Hill. With an incredible view of the scenic Monterey Bay, the house changed owners several times.
In the 1960's, new owners bought it and seemed to breathe new life into the place, renovating it to become The McCray Hotel. Unfortunately, their son began seeing ghosts and they eventually sold the place. It degenerated into a haven for drug dealers and then Satanists.
In the 1980's, it was remodeled AGAIN...only this time I knew the architect. It was revealed to me, that while re-constructing the downstairs basement, 2 of his employees walked off the job and never came back. They muttered something about blue lights and a woman's voice.
It is now an upscale retirement home named The Sunshine Villa.
However, the nurses have reported cold spots, blue lights, and disembodied voices. One of the nurses is a friend of mine.

There are 2 other mansions that may have contributed significantly to Hitchcock's vision: the Bernheim House which stood at the intersection of Ocean and Broadway AND the Kittredge Family mansion.
*Source:

No comments: