WHO IS ROSE

My photo
Santa Cruz, California, United States
I cannot remember life without GHOSTS/SPIRITS... My interest began in the paranormal when I was 2...that's when my mom told me I first started talking about GHOSTS/SPIRITS. I grew up like most of you, learning that one shouldn't talk about the things they can see, hear and feel. Now, after years of ignoring these abilities and senses, I can no longer deny it. The TIME has come...

Friday, October 13, 2006

FRIDAY the 13th


As ALL HALLOWS EVE approaches and the moon wanes there is a quickening in Santa Cruz California...The birth of 6 CENTS INVESTIGATIONS is on the horizon. We call ourselves that because we never charge a fee for our investigations and for the obvious play on words. We are very serious and dedicated researchers of the paranormal. I personally have researched many avenues of the paranormal for the past 20 years.
We have an team of 8 active investigators. 3 consider themselves to be psychic or mediums, 2 are techies, and of course our 2 resident skeptics...they are the ones who keep us "grounded". We will conduct our FIRST OFFICIAL investigation on Halloween night 2006. The site we have chosen is named EVERGREEN CEMETARY.
It is one of the oldest graveyards in all of California. There have been several sightings of a "white lady" here. In fact, one website of fellow ghost investigators, says that she is most dangerous and to stay away from her. It seems these 2 were investigating the cemetary and wandered over to the Chinese area of graves. There they saw a "white lady" sweeping around a shack. When she saw them she shoooed them aggressively out of the graveyard. A couple of months later, they went back to the same spot and there was NO shack.
The EVERGREEN CEMETARY sits on top of a mass grave of the native Ohlone Indians. It seems they were ambushed by a warring tribe from the Sacramento area and they were too numerous to bury individually. When i went to survey the site on 10/11/06 to do some basline tests and what not, i was immediately struck by the amount of disrepair of this Historical California Landmark. As i made my way thru the graveyard (with my trusty dog Angel ofcourse), i was angered by all of the beer cans, trash, and even panties (next time i'm bringin' a trash bag and a pair of gloves to clean up!). When i reached the top of the cemetary, i realised this was the Chinese area i had heard so much about. I was overcome with an unexplainable hollow kind of sadness. I noticed only a few visible head stones, the rest had been overgrown with ivy and thick under brush. There's no real way to know how many peoples graves were covered. One grave stood out for me. It was up a steep incline to reach it. It had a tiny wooden headstone barely visible, with nothing written on it. It looked like it might have been a childs grave. I bent down determined to clean up this teeny little grave.
Suddenly, my spine literally tingled (it was a cold, buzzing feeling)and i whipped around. It felt as if someone had followed me and was now right behind me peering over my shoulder to see what i was doing. When i looked i saw nothing and went back to my task. Slowly, a calm washed over the cemetary. It felt like there were spirits that had waited a long time for honor and respect. i feel excited to return!
Please post stories, pictures, or experiences you have had...especially if you feel too embarrassed to teel anyone for fear of ridicule. All ideas are respected here. This is a safe space!!!

No comments: